U know U R in V. G. Vaze College (Kelkar) when:
– The most feared person the college campus is the canteen manager, fondly known as ‘Mama’.
– Roaming around in the corridors is a ‘punishable offence’ for JC students.
– ‘Raids’ are conducted in the canteen, common rooms and the library to see if JC students are bunking.
– Even the English Profs can’t speak proper English. Marathi sentences are literally translated into English for e.g. sentences like “Keep some manners” (Shishth theva).
– There is a notice outside the staff room that says ‘Students entry is strictly prohibited’. Ya, like we want to go in there.
– You have to undergo more formalities to get a form signed/filled than you would have to in a govt office.
– You have to wear an ID card around your neck all the time (or else face a Rs 100 fine).
– The only place to hangout outside the collge is the divider on the road and a paan-beedi shop.
– Guys wear tees with prints of Rock bands they’ve never heard of. It’s either that or Britney.
– The Boys Common Room is always flooded.
– Dipthi, D. B., JBC, V. G. Vaze