Does your job require you to wear sarees to office every day? How do you know which are the ones hanging in your closet, perfect for formal occasions?
Here are a few tips to keep in mind while choosing the right one:
- Plain yet Elegant. If you were to define formal, would it be more plain and neat yet stylish? It is always a good idea to pick sarees that do not have any designs on them. Let them be plain with just defined borders.
- But who says you have to wear a saree with just one colour? Go ahead and pick ones that have colour blocking on them. It is a trend sported by most of the B-Town celebs. You can also opt for colour blocked handbags, jewellery to complete your look!
- Don’t want the Indian traditional look? Then get your blouses stitched in different styles and rock your day with more confidence!
- Drape it sexy! How do B-town celebs manage to drape a saree perfectly for various occasions? Well, there is a woman who makes it so easy for them – Kalpana Shah. She has released her own Coffee Table Book ‘The Whole 9 Yards’. Why don’t you go grab one?
- Remember to choose the right fabric. If you wish to look slimmer and taller, go for lightweight fabrics that drape easily and help you sketch an impressive silhouette.
- Don’t over accessorize. Just a watch on your wrist and a pair of earrings will help you complete the look. Neckpieces are always optional.