There are many reasons to study in Belgium: world-renowned universities, excellent opportunities for international networking, famously multicultural and multilingual cities, a host of regional cuisines and specialities, beautiful countryside, overall high quality of life, and of course, those fantastic Belgian waffles.
Many universities in Belgium have a strong international outlook and composition, as well as a strong position in the international rankings. A total of eight universities in Belgium are featured in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Compared to other universities in Europe, those in Belgium are very good value for money. Even if they aren’t on the top of the universities in Europe they are still well ranked and cheap. There are also many Universities in Belgium providing international programs taught in English.
- Here are some of the Bachelor courses taught in English-
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Business Economics
- Bachelor of social sciences
- Bachelor of social sciences
- Here are some of the Master courses taught in English-
- Master of Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Master of Business Engineering
- Master of business economics
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Master of Physics and Astronomy
- List of the Best Universities providing Courses in English in BELGIUM-
KU LEUVEN– According to international rankings, KU Leuven is among the best 100 universities in the world. Our University is currently ranked 48th in the Times Higher Education World Ranking (2019), and 81st according to the QS World University Rankings (2019). In 2016, 2017 and 2018, Reuters named KU Leuven the most innovative university in Europe.This University is a comprehensive one; they offer top-level study programmes in every scientific domain. They even have a few one-of-a-kind programmes. You will certainly be able to find a study programme that suits you!
- Vrije Universiteit of Brussel– VUB is a competitive, high-quality, and internationally-oriented university located in the heart of Europe, Brussels. Small class & workshop to ensure close interaction between students and professors. Brussels is the European capital and one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, offering a wide range of career opportunities. VUB is the only university in Brussels offering a big selection of fully English taught Master and PhD degree programmes in diverse disciplines. VUB has more than 20% of international students representing 120 nationalities.
- Ghent University: This university is one of the best in Belgium. It also comes under the top 100 universities, globally. Their faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
- University of Namur–The University campus is situated in the centre of the city of Namur, the capital of Wallonia which is close to other major centres like Brussels. Students have direct access to the railway station, housing, shops, cinemas, theatres, sports facilities. This college takes many initiatives showing its international openness. Thus, the institution welcomes foreign students and researchers; it ensures the mobility of students.
For the cost of living, a student’s monthly budget will be about 850 Euros – which includes books, health care, transportation, food, accommodation and leisure. However, students have the opportunity to work to finance their cost of living. Students can easily work 40 hours per month at 10 EUR per hour.
After a master’s degree, a former student can expect to earn between 25 000 and 30 000 EUR per year. To find a good job, it will be easier if the former student learned French or Flemish during his studies but it’s not mandatory. Work permits are easily available once you are done with your education.