“Paramarsh, in it’s 13th year sees participation from 18000 students from Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. Students can display their innate and acquired management skills and enhance their preparation for professional careers in this “World-of-Opportunities”.
This three-day event is the ‘largest non-technical college festival of Gujarat’. The word ‘Paramarsh’ has its roots in the Sanskrit, meaning ‘Supreme thought’. An event organized by the budding engineers of M.S.U, the focus is on development of soft skills among the college students for excellence in the corporate world.
Paramarsh is a non-profit organization with a sole aim of instilling in students the 7 commandments for corporate excellence- ‘Leadership’, ‘Team spirit’, ‘Sportsmanship’, ‘Creativity’, ‘the spirit of adventure’, ‘the art of Oration’ and ‘Science of Deduction’.
Few of the events included are:-
• ‘Your Say’, an Oratorical Arena, is a category which boosts the Vocabulary and Speaking skills. This comprises ‘Cat-as-Trophe’ which is a group discussion, ‘Block-N-Tackle’ a debate, ‘The Showdown’ a paper presentation event and ‘The lexICONS’ is an event based on vocabulary.
• ‘Biz- O’ Neur’, an entrepreneur hub, is a category which checks the business management and marketing skills. This has, ‘Biz Mantra’ is a state level business treasure hunt, ‘The Verdict’ is a Case study competition and ‘Auction House’ has Mock Bidding.
• ‘Spectros’ has variety of events with ‘9!’ a mathematical treasure hunt, ‘Wreckreation’– which checks the creativity and designing skills of the students and ‘The Prime Suspect’ is a crime scene investigation.
• ‘Escapade’ is an adventure safari with events like ‘Sirocco’ which checks the Survival Instincts and ‘Fantastic 4’ checks the interpersonal skills of the students.
• Talk show, will see a discussion among four eminent personalities:- Mr. Charu Sharma, Dr. Madhu Mehta, Mr. Nitin Gupta and Dr. Anil Kane.
PRONITES: ROCK CONCERTS:Paramarsh is known to leave the crowds mesmerized with its spectacular Pronites. Not one, nor two, but a trio of trailblazing performances rolled into one big dose of multi-genre musical entertainment!!!
Paradigm Shift, the progressive rock band from Mumbai. Their music features a rich amalgamation of various genres of music, combining traditional Indian classical music with contemporary Progressive Rock themes. Armed with a spectrum of musical talent, they are sure to pack a punch!
Aditi Singh Sharma, the electrifying playback in Bollywood circles, is the voice behind a slew of Indian pop songs. Check out her playlist of personal hits ranging from “Choomantar” (Mere Brother ki Dulhan),”I’ll Do the talking tonight” and “Raabta” (Agent Vinod), “Aali Re!” and “Dilli” (No One Killed Jessica),”Kho Jaane De” and “Rokda” (Vicky Donor), “Main Heroine Hoon” (Heroine) and many more till you wait for her to set the stage ablaze!
Parikrama. Well, for all Indian Rock lovers, this one needs no introduction!!! Formed in 1991, with 2500+ concerts worldwide and a whopping 5 million song downloads, Parikrama has officially opened Iron Maiden concerts thrice. Be prepared to feel the rush in your veins, because if it’s Indian Rock, it’s played the way Parikrama does!!!
With Events, Workshops, Seminars, Talk Shows, Rock Concerts and Sporting events like the 22nd Yard, where girls and boys both play a fun-filled game of cricket ridden with twists, entertainment is guaranteed.
To register on the Paramarsh website go to www.msu-paramarsh.org